Monday, August 24, 2009

Life and Basketball

I wasn't the best basketball player in my youth, but I did learn a lot from playing the game. One significant lesson I learned was that life is very similar to the game of basketball. You have the teammates; which serve as your family and friends, the star player; yourself, and of course the opponent; which could serves as the adversity or obstacles in life.
While in the game, whether your down by 1 or up by 20, we all make inadequate shot selections and perilous decisions that could totally obliterate the chances of being victorious. On the contrary, inevitably, we may work the ball around with perfection, making good, smart passes and find an open player to take a great shot; but it just doesn't go in. To put this into context, throughout our walks of life, we all have made choices in our lives that may not have been the best decisions. We may have lost friends, jobs, spouses, etc. some of which may have resulted in being bait for the opponent. However, a GOOD team who shares chemistry; consisting of a common goal and reputable communication skills, works together to encourage and assist one another to ensure that team plays to the best of their ability. Ultimately, growing to be a great dynasty. So, how good is your team chemistry? Its Todd with a lil food for thought. "
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment